Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Leaving Maternity Leave

Maternity leave is such a blessing and I am so thankful that our school offers a very generous amount. That precious time has come to an end, and I am now back at work. The first day, my good friend Kelly had planned on buying me a coffee and muffin at Starbucks to cheer me up, but another friend beat her to it, both of these women are mothers and had thier day of going back to work and were very sympathetic to my state of mind.
Week one went very smoothly. I almost have Jackson on some kind of schedule, and that was very helpful in going back to work. Monday was pretty smooth. I got out of a faculty meeting and headed straight home. AhJiao, Jackson's nanny had him good and hungry as soon as I walked in the door, this is necessary if I am going to continue nursing him exclusivly. I fed him and we went on a walk for an hour or so, and then we came home, ate, played, bathed, and he was in bed by 7 pm. Tuesday was very similar, however he did not sleep well at night, between Trevor and I, we were up about 8 times. I stayed home on Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday were fine.
Jackson has a wonderful nanny, we could not be more thankful.

This week is halfway over, and things are going great! Jackson and I have maintained the same schedule that I established that first day, and I have already lost weight from our daily walks. I do miss him tons, and I feel more than ever that it is just not natural for a mother to be separated from her baby. I am looking forward to June when I can be done with work for a while.

No comments: