Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Addicted


Both of my parents are hardcore coffee drinkers. By hardcore I mean they drink it every day. I used to always tease them about being addicted to it. At the time of my teasing I believe they were drinking caffeinated coffee, and they probably were addicted. These days they only drink decaffeinated. Actually my mom mentioned that if she has no stess in her life she will drink caffeinated coffee.
I learned this week that I am addicted to caffeinated coffee. Everyday the school sends a bus to pick up all of the teachers. Our bus stop is right outside of a Starbucks coffee store. This store used to open up at seven, but since our bus leaves at seven, they started opening ten minutes earlier for all the teachers who wanted a coffee. I would go early a couple of days a week just for a treat. After I became pregnant I cut back allot, but every once in a while I would to and order a decaffeinated coffee. As soon as Jackson was born I researched caffeine and breast milk, and I was comfortable with having a bit of caffeine after my research.
To make a long story short, I am convinced that I am addicted to caffeine, I never thought it was possible since I don't drink tons of coffee. This week I put it to the test. Monday-no morning coffee. I was lagging all day, I was unmotivated, and my energy for teaching was almost gone. Tuesday (today) had coffee. I am full of energy today, I am inspired to teach, I am inspired to blog, and I feel great.
This is not the first time this has happened either. I have started noticing a pattern. Is this okay? My mom told me that caffeine is soo bad for the endocrine system. Is there anyone else that is addicted to caffeine. I love all the drinks that contain caffeine, so it would be really difficult to give it up.
I hate addictions.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Join the club! I blame FBC for my coffe addiction because we used to have coffee breaks at the old building!! My addiction began in youth group!!