Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Secret Admirer

I have a secret admirer. His name is Jesus. I guess it's not so secret, but He reminded me this week of his tender care and love for me. I am a runner. I have competed in several small races, and one half marathon. My goal was to complete a marathon by the time I was 30, but I have had to post pone that one a few years I guess. Now, that I am totally recovered from having Jackson, I am running again, and training for races this summer.
I have asked my mom and Trevor's mom to keep thier eyes out for second hand jogging strollers at garage sales/or consinment stores. I have always thought it would be cool to take my kids running with me, but I thought it would be better to get one of these strollers second hand to make sure it would be used, or to make sure I even liked it.
Here's the fun part. This week I was talking to a co-worker about how I run with Jackson at the track. This friend asked if I had a jogging stroller, and I said no, and that I just run behind his normal stoller. He then tells me he and his wife were given a jogging stoller that they have never used, and that they would love for me to have it!! Can you believe that. He (Jesus) has been thinking about me and how He could work that blessing into my life. I feel very special, and loved, and I want to draw closer to Him as a result.

Isn't it great. When Trevor brought it into the house, all three tires were either popped or out of air, and it was quite dirty. Yesterday the Ayi and I took all the canvas off and put it in the washing machine. We then set out to find a bike repair shop. We figured it would be pretty easy as so many Chinese people ride bikes, and we were right. About 10 mintues walk from our house was a little bike repair shop. The storekeeper said the tires were fine, and just needed some air. He aired up all three tires and tuned up the brakes for about .60 cents. Isn't that fun. That is one thing I will miss about Asia, getting things fixes is so easy.

No comments: