Thursday, March 5, 2009

Shocking and Slowly but Surely

A while ago I posted a blog called "Let the Countdowns Begin", if you want to refresh your memory, you can click here. I thought I would post an update on those countdowns. At the time, Jackson was 4 days away from being two months old. He is now four months old, and is growing cuter and fatter by the moments. As you can see from these photos.

He was smiling right before I took this photo, as soon as he sees the little light from my camera the smile vanishes.
Jackson getting some morning exercise on his Boppy from Grandma Bergman.
Taking a rest.
This is the little play area I set up in the living room. We don't have carpeted floors, so I had to give him something soft to hang out on.


I was also counting down the days until we got to see our families, which at the time was 5 days, not it's more like 5 months. Our visit with them was incredible anyways.


I have started training for a race. Which was on my countdown list. Last weekend I ran both Saturday and Sunday for two miles. I am training for a 10K in either Texas or Canada this summer.


The title of my this post is about the shocking reality of how large I was at 9 months pregnant, and how my body is slowly but surely starting to resemble it's old self. At the time of my countdown, I had twenty pounds to lose. I also had to survive Christmas and Chinese New Year holidays. As soon as I returned to work I committed to really start this weight loss countdown. I set a goal for one pound each week. So far I have lost three.



I am sucking in...but who cares right.


OH MY GOODNESS


4 comments:

Unknown said...

dang bethany, you look great! did you run at all while you were pregnant? That's something I CANNOT wait to start doing again...Jackson is getting so BIG! And he's totally adorable. :D Miss you guys!

Janette said...

You were definitely one of those people that was all baby! :) Nothing else on you looks like you gained any weight!! :) Jackson is so cute...I love his juicy little lips!! And I love how he is sprawled all over that Boppy. Doesn't look that comfy to me, but hey..apparently it is to him!! :)

Laura said...

That baby looks like a Johnson!!! Steve laughed when I showed him!!

Jackie said...

Girl, you look incredible! It's amazing how our bodies can stretch and then go back.

He is getting cuter every day!