Sunday, April 19, 2009

Jackson Makes Me Giddy!!!



It's true, the though of Jackson makes me squeal inside and out. There were a few months when the thought of him made me feel confused, tired, and quite unsure of myself, but those thoughts have all long vanished, and I am thrilled at the thought of him. Each day around 3 pm (when school finishes)I start thinking about the fact that within an hour I will be with him. I am the first one off the bus on the ride home, and I speed walk the short way to the house. I remember the days when I was this crazy about Trevor, it's not that I am not crazy about him now, but ya, I guess my giddiness has toned down a bit over the past six years....too bad, maybe I should do something about that. Anyway, we celebrated Spring Break a few weeks ago, and Trevor and I got to spend 10 uninterrupted days with Jackson, traveling around Malaysia. Actually it was not as easy as we thought it would be, maybe that is because we were in Malaysia and not home. It was actually the least restful holiday we have ever had, oh well, I guess that is what happens when you yank a five month old from his normal routine, bed, and environment, and take him some place new. Other than not getting much rest we did have a great time eating, shopping, swimming and hanging out as a family. Here are some photos and a video of the good times we had.

Jackson gnawing on some tropical fruit.
This is the Shique from Mozambique in honor of grandpa Bergman
The owners of this Indian place babysat Jackson while we ate. They loved him. They even offered to go out and buy bananas for him.
One of our favorite things about the holiday was the beautiful skies. You need to be thankful if you see these kinds of skies on a regular basis. We just don't see them hardly at all in CHina.
Me and Jackson on teh beach
Resting after a hard spash session
He is not scared of the water at all. Showing off his cute little body!!

No comments: