Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Scattered


For those of you not up to date, Trevor and I have been through and are looking towards some major transitions in the near future. During 2008 we got pregnant, bought a house, rented out our house, finished graduate degrees, had a baby, and decided that we would not be returning to our jobs, life, home, friends, and culture in China. The beginning of 2009 was not very long ago, and in 2 months we are facing a move to North America (we still don't know if that means Texas or Canada), adjusting to life at "home", financial crisis, change of jobs, home, culture ect. Being the planner that I am I would like to have some idea of where we might be living so I can inform the shipping where to ship our things, I would like to know which family we would get to live near, I would like to know where to look for job openings, churches and all the other things that make up life. At this point Trevor and I don't have answers to any of these questions. Honestly most of the time I am at total peace about this. We are in a good place, and I know that we will be fine, but there are times when I get bursts of planning energy and I don't know what to do with it, and that is where my title comes from. When this energy comes I feel scattered, I don't always know where to channel it. As I write this I know that the Lord is more than capable of helping me burn off this energy and I guess I should just seek Him. He is the one that has created me this way, and knows how hard it is for me to not know what the future holds.

How do you channel your nervous/excited/planning energy when there is nothing concrete to plan?

Another theme the Lord is teaching me is to be patient and wait. Again, I am mostly OK with this, but I do struggle with doing something rather than waiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bethany, you and I are a lot alike in this area! I will definately keep you guys in my prayers...I know how tough it is sometimes, JOrdan and I are actually struggling with something along the same lines. We love you!!! Thanks for sharing!