Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In Case You're Wondering........

He is not here yet. I know I have been blogless the past few days, and you might have thought that I was really busy having a child, but nope can't say that would be true. Actually mom and I have just kept our normal schedule of trying to at least get for something each day. In the past five days or so, we have had several nice days.





1. Last Thursday we spent the day with Michelle and Dave Rofkahr. Dave is the cousin of one of my dad's co-workers. They live in a very beautiful part of Hong Kong. My and I went swimming in their pool, and they prepared a yummy home cooked meal for us and then sent the left overs home with us.



2. Last Friday, we went to my last doctors appointment I was 38 weeks at the time. It was my shortest appointment by far, but we sure did get lots of questions answered, and that is when my excitement for this started really stealing my sleep.



3. Last Saturday, mom and I went back to Stanley to pick up a few groceries, and have a second look at the market there. After that we went to Deep Water Bay, and swam for a few hours in the ocean. The water was a bit too cold for these two Texans, so the swimming was not very eventful.



4. Last Sunday we went back to The Vine Church. We had been there the Sunday before for the 4pm service, and this time we attended the 11am service. It was sooooo great, I adore that church. After church we ran into a couple that Trevor and I taught with in Myanmar. We knew they were in Hong Kong and had met up with them before, but it was cool to run into them randomly :)



5. On Monday, which was yesterday, we woke up super late, and had a slow morning. I took mom to Trevor and I's favorite diner called The Flying Pan. We got there by noon and had an awesome breakfast. After that we walked back to our district of town, taking time to stop at any cool shop on the way. We lastly stopped at Babies R Us and purchased a swing for Jackson. We have not set it up, but it is here and ready. We then picked up our laundry that we had sent out a few hours before. It was great to have lots of clean clothes. We then sterilized some pacifiers and organized our little home.



6. Today we again got a really late start. We had high hopes of antique shopping and all kinds of other things, but I was drained of all energy a few hours into the journey. We did however find a Mexican restaurant called Taco Loco. When we entered into the place I saw some old friends from Myanmar sitting in the back. Trevor and I taught with Matthew and Heather for a year in Yangon, and mom and I got to sit and have lunch with them. I love when that happens.



7. I am sure we will have another late start tomorrow, but we have plans to buy the necessary ingredients to make some tortilla soup. Trevor will arrive tomorrow night, and he loves my mom's tortilla soup. It will be a great reunion. We have been separated for 10 days. My mom has been separated from my dad for 13 days now. Poor dad! Only one more week to go for them though.



So, below I have posted photos from all kinds of these events below. Enjoy!!!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You can tell your mom that your dad is doing ok. You know how men look lost without their wives but he is hanging on! He came to church last weekend with a tshirt on under his sport coat. He made a comment that the tshirt was to support the youth group not b/c Sharie was out of town:)

Anxiously waiting the news! Glad to hear Trevor will be there soon!