Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Journey of our Pregnancy: How we found out

Well, I had been pretty in tune with my body for the entire time we were trying to get pregnant. I noticed each and every little thing that occur ed. We had been trying for five months as of January 2008, in February 2008 we were scheduled to spend two weeks at home for my brothers wedding. We really planned on letting this month be a break from the entire pregnancy scene. I was tired of constantly thinking about my diet, my cycle, my ovulating, and all the rest.

We had a super awesome visit. We spent the first week with my parents in Longview where we un-jet lagged, and took in a Mavericks game. The second week was spent in Salt Lake City, Utah. I wish I had photos of that trip, but I had accidentally left my camera back at my parents. The main event was the wedding of Jordan and Charity, but we also found opportunities to ski, visit the Olympic area, tour down town SLC, and eat lots of ethnic foods. It was sooo great...

We returned to China, and life resumed as normal mostly. I noticed very early on that I was having absolutely no issues with jet lag. I was sleeping through the entire night with no problems at all. The other thing that kind of caught my attention was my tummy. I don't tend to carry lots of weight around my mid section, but it is true that sometimes when we spend time in America I do get thicker in that area. The good thing is that just after a few days back at home my tummy flattens and I start feeling better about life. Well, for that week solid, my tummy stayed nice and full looking...very weird. That Thursday I realized I was due for my next period, and I also realized I had one pregnancy test left. I talked to my friend Kelly on the way home that day on the bus. I decided that I would take the test as soon as we arrived.

Trevor was pretty relaxed about the idea, and I was starting to get excited. Sure enough it was positive, but we just couldn't quite believe it. We had Kelly come upstairs to confirm the positive sign we were seeing, while Trevor went out to buy at least three more tests. He returned, and the tests consistently stayed positive. I even called the hot line of the first test to make sure I was not crazy. We finally started accepting that it was true and there was lots of squealing going on in Block C 10H. That night Kelly, Aaron and Luke brought up brownies and ice cream to celebrate!!! HOOORAYYYY

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! so was your baby made in china? or utah?? ;)
ok so my granola turned out pretty well, but after research, I'm going to put wheat germ in it next time because that stuff is sooo good for you! But I couldn't quite get it to stick together and be crunchy enough without burning it, any suggestions? can't wait to see Jackson in those sweeeeet shoes! Tell your mother hello and have a blast you two!

Laura said...

You know your dad shared with us that you got pregnant in Utah!! He said it was the first time you guys had been alone in a while :) Don't you love your life and all of the intimate details being shared :) I guess if you blog about now, it's okay!!

Still praying for you, Trevor and baby!!

bethany for the bergmans said...

OH that is nice to know Laura, well in that case let's just say that Jordan and Charity's wedding night was special for the entire family :)