Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Journey of our Pregnancy: An Evolved Plan

I must admit I stole this idea from another blog, but I thought it was really cool. Our journey to pregnancy started like many others. We had been married almost five years, we were at a good place in our careers, we were 3/4 ths of the way finished with our masters degrees, and our job offers a great maternity package. So, we started praying. I actually got off the pill while we were in Morocco in Feb 2007. We wanted to give my body a chance to get back on it's natural cycle before we even thought about getting pregnant. We decided that the best time for me to give birth would be in May of 2008, so we started trying to get pregnant in September 2007. The funny thing is that we were on the same time line as another couple.

Well, we were unsuccessful in our attempts to try and "plan this baby". Our friends sealed the deal right away. We continued to try, and finally after about 6 months we got pregnant. It was actually an amazing learning experience. Trevor and I had planned most of our life around the fact that we were going to get pregnant by November at least, and it did not work. We were planning on getting pregnant, and ending our overseas career for the time being. When our plan of getting pregnant didn't work out we decided to give it at least another year in China.

So our original plan did not work out, but of course the Lord knew better.....thank goodness.

1 comment:

The Pereira Family said...

You're precious! When are you due? I'm so glad you found me on here and thanks for the maternity leave advice. Good stuff!