Monday, October 6, 2008

Nesting No More


The holiday is over, Trevor is back to work, and I am done nesting. I made a total of 12 bags worth of granola, 1 batch of lasagna, and 8 baggies worth of fajita chicken meat. Today I tried to rest after my first sleepless night, I suppose there will be many more of these. I think I am just too excited. Trevor and I watched a birthing DVD, and that didn't help either of us get good rest either. That was an intense experience. I was a little freaked out, basically I would cry and then laugh, and then cry, and then laugh and tell Trevor not to laugh. Trevor was laughing nervously throughout the entire thing, but I think it started settling in today while he was at work. It's not that giving birth is funny, it's just that the lady hosting the program was funny, and let's just say she was very creative in her presentation of the birthing process.

Anyway, tomorrow I will pack up for Hong Kong. The next day I will move to Hong Kong, the next day my mom arrives, and the next day I have my 37 weeks appointment. I am wondering what till take place at the appointment. I am excited for my mom to be with me, it is going to be great. Trevor and I decided to take her to some of the main tourist sights this weekend while he is around, as the really good spots are farther out. We will probably get some groceries, and get the little home set up as well. Trevor will have to return back here to Guangzhou on Sunday evening, and then my and I will start our mission to get this big boy out as quickly as possible.

I will update as soon as I arrive in Hong Kong.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Bethany, you look fantastic! Can you believe it's right around the corner?

Your granola recipe looks so good...I'm gonna have to try it. Sounds like Trevor is set with food while you're gone. :)

And, oh, those good ol' birthing videos. I remember at the class that we went to, one of the couples brought their son, who was maybe 10 or 11. I could not believe they wanted him to be there and watch that. :)

Janette said...

Yay...it's getting close! If your appointment is like mine was at 37 weeks, you'll be checked to see if you're dilating at all. Exciting! I would advise you not to watch any more birthing videos; you'll just freak yourself out. Sometimes you can know too much!! :)

Jivin' Jacobsens said...

Oh, Bethany! Please don't watch anymore birthing videos. Your birthing experience will be unique to you and Jackson...and no one else! And....please turn a deaf ear to those "horror" stories people seem to delight in telling (that just makes me mad!) and bring all your anxieties before God. We already know it's going to hurt, but God will protect you....and once you hold your sweet little baby in your arms, none of that will matter anymore anyway.

So....sleep in (your days of sleeping in are numbered), take naps when you feel like it, laugh A LOT!!....and whenever you feel stressed, pray.

When we see you next, there'll be a new little member to the world whom we can smother with kisses. I doubt you'll mind that Jackson is the one receiving all the kisses.....but if you do.....well, I'll just have to get out my pocketful of kisses I can blow at him. ;)

Enjoy! The BEST is yet to come! It will be busy (or maybe not quite so busy with all your visitors helping)....but soooooooooooo rewarding.